Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stroller/Messenger Bag

Since we got home a couple weeks ago I have been in baby mode. I have an entire list of projects I need (want) to have done before T-rex comes in August and we move. The list may be a little extrememe but us mom's can hope right :)




Well I found this tutorial for a stroller bag at Make It and Love It and knew I had to have one!!






There has been so many times that we have taken the stroller to an amusement park, zoo, or on a walk and it is over flowing with everything.


By the time I put the diaper bag in the bottom there isn't room for the jackets, water bottles, snacks, souveniers, and anythine else no one wants to carry. That is why when I saw this post I could just imagine how much more we could carry in the stroller (besides squish of course)!!!



The tutorial is laid out very well. The directions are easy to follow and she has pictures of every step. I am so excited to announce that this is my first sewing project that I haven't had to use my unpicker!! Yeah for her awesome tutorial!!!









I followed her directions closely but added a couple touches to make it more of what I was looking for. I added a pocket onto the back of the bag to hold the stuff we need such as tickets or wallets. I also made the longer strap so that it snapped on twice for extra support.







Can't wait til we get to go to town again so I can give it a try!!!!!




Keep being inspired,





Jen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, you did a wonderful job with your stroller bag. How did it work out for you the next time you went out with the stroller? Thanks for sharing. Sorry to be so late in commenting but I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete